Thursday, December 13, 2007

Fisherman's Rib Scarf

I started another scarf while staying at my friend's home last night
due to my power outage. This one is gonna be less fancy since it's a
man scarf. But still, there is a little twist: even though the pattern
might looks like the good old rib stitch, it's actually something
called "fisherman's rib". The texture is thicker and fluffier (that
makes it a good pattern for sweater too), and I just think it looks
better than the regular rib stitch. It's really easy but I can already
tell that it will take me a long time to fnish because I have to
alternate between knit and purl stitches.

If you like to knit one for yourself, here is the pattern:

* Cast on an even number of stitches; I did 24
* 1st row: Knit till the end
* 2nd + all following rows: Purl 1, (K1b, P1) repeat till the last stitch, then P1
* Continue until the desired length, then cast off in rib

Note:
K1b means knit 1 into the stitch below. Place the point of your right
hand needle into the stitch below the next stitch in the left hand
needle, then knit in the usual way.

4 comments:

FRIZZ said...

looks sooooo warm and toasty.

SeƱorita Puri said...

yo should make a metal cat brooch. It sooooo cute :-D
XOXO from spain

Anonymous said...

Your scarfs are so pretty!!
I am trying to keep up with my reader now! so many cute posts of you to readdd!!!
(cute kitty)

Anonymous said...

I love this - it's so simple, so I get to use really yummy wool (you know the yummy wool you pick up because it's so goregous and soft and then you're like "....so...what do I do with this?").

Thankyou!

- x x x -