Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Flower Brooches

I've been on vacation for 11 days since the weekend before Christmas and it feels like eternity. Finally I have to go back to work tomorrow... I didn't really do anything constructive during my break except eating, sleeping (a lot) and watching TV. Why? Because it's too darn cold!!! We have had snow every other day, and even though it's not snowing right at this moment, it's freezing! I think it is like below zero outside right now due to the wind chill. Bbbbbrrrrr!!!! But I did make some crochet flowers (that's as far as I can do when it comes to crochet... crochet is just so confusing to me) and turned them into brooches. I felted some of them and I like the different layers of textures on them. It's so addictive; I can just sit in front of my TV and do that all day. I am sure I will be adding more into the batch! You can click here to see each flower individually.

7 comments:

Patti said...

I love your flowers. I crochet one stitch and would love to learn how to do those flowers! They would look beautiful on a hat, I think.
I love your blog and linked yours to mine. Happy New Year!

MiKa Art said...

Your stuff are always wonderful - but there flowers are so CUTE!! They must look amazing on hats and sweaters. Wishing you a splendid and healthy happy new year! xoxox

imwithsully said...

what wonderful little beauties!

marcisenders said...

I love them! They are adorable! I think you would be a great crocheter, it can be very sculptural! Happy New Year Flora!

Yuzu said...

It must be nice and toasty in your house, because your fingers aren't too frozen from the cold weather to crochet. ;)

The flowers are really pretty, and I like the color combinations you chose. The felting looks great too!

Christine Clemmensen said...

These are so wonderful! If you're selling - I'm buying. I'm not kidding. If you don't have an Etsy, I think you should get one. Wow. (I already have favorites, but they count more that half:))) You are so cool, Flora.

The Scrapbook Supply Store said...

Beautiful flowers!! I agree with Christine above...I'd love to buy some of those flowers. You could make a ton of money on Etsy selling those.