Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A page from my sketchbook tonight

I have so much work and I have to bring work home and do sketches tonight. But as soon as I opened my book, I started to doodle something totally unrelated to my job. I first did a chef girl holding a cupcake, but quickly everything just went out of control; that's what happens when you try to do work on a couch in front of the TV. Before I realized, my whole night was gone. Oh well... here is a scan of a totally unaltered image of my sketchbook page (I did colored some line works red so they show better because they overlap with each other). I thought it might be fun to show so at least it doesn't go wasted... I have to say I was looking at Mary Blair's books earlier so that angel girl was doodled after one of her character from "The New Golden Song Book" which I think is out of print, but you need to get it if you could find one!

8 comments:

Gina Perry said...

so lovely. because you've shown the wire-ring binding it actually looks to me more like a really cool journal or notebook cover than just a sketch page.i love the balance of red/black.

Jannie aka Chickengirl said...

totally cute.

maura said...

that is SO fun, flora! i love all the great characters in here. seeing this makes me want to use the new pens i got for christmas. maybe i'll have some time this weekend. :)

mushroommeadows said...

Awesome! I love your ink doodles. So lovely...awwww. What are your pens of choice? :D

Flora Chang said...

Mush,
I use black Pigma Micron 0.3. I love it!

Christine Clemmensen said...

I love it. You have sooo many adorable characters there. It's perfect! :)

Aspa said...

This so much fun Flora. I like how you "play" with the black, the red and the white space.

Gustavo Aimar said...

Hermoso esto Flora, me encantan los personajitos que inventás!!