Monday, September 22, 2008

A Must See Music Video

Actually I've heard about Sodagreen (蘇打綠), a super popular band from my native Taiwan, for quite awhile but have never listened to their music. So when my mom told me about them again a couple of days ago, I went on YouTube and watched this amazing video, and I was like "How could I not have been listening to this band already?" They are great! The singer is a guy, but he sounds and looks like a girl; it might be a different style of music from what we would normally hear in the States, but he really does have a great voice. Here is a video from them and the title of the song means "Little Love Song" in Chinese. Even though you might not speak Mandarin, I think you would appreciate the video from the design point of view. I love how the animators combine real band members and animations... it's really lovely.

2 comments:

Thailand Voices said...

Oh wow, I love that song especially the piano and the animation is amazing.

I'm in Thailand where Asian bands are very popular (obviously!) - I'm going to look for their CD here. The lead singer is very effeminate but that's pretty common here in Thailand too (Thai men are pretty effeminate overall). I hated it when I first moved here, but now I'm used to Thai men - they're gentler I think :-)

Keep up the good work, I read your blog every day and am looking forward to when you can open an Etsy shop!

Wendi said...

That IS an amazing video and a really nice song! Thanks for sharing.
We mostly hear Cantonese in Hawaii but I've always liked the sound of Mandarin.